Long Term Evolution (LTE) Emulator for X2 Interface
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA – July 03, 2017 - GL Communications Inc., announced today its
enhanced MAPS™ LTE Emulator for X2 Interface. It has been enhanced with call control scripts to manage UE and Non-UE procedures.
Speaking to the press, Mr. Jagdish Vadalia, a Senior Manager for product development of the company said, “Mobile networks are in the process of transitioning to Long Term Evolution, a Fourth Generation (4G), all packet network architecture. It will permit vastly higher data rates to mobile smart phones, making voice, video, and data truly integrated for the first time - through a single access technology.
In simple terms, LTE consists of a "Packet Core" and a network of eNodeBs . eNodeBs have two interfaces, the X2 interface permits eNodeBs to talk to each other directly, and the S1 interface permits talking to the "Packet Core".”
He added, “GL’s enhanced LTE X2AP Interface Emulation tests and verifies eNodeB implementations through its MAPS architecture. Message Automation & Protocol Simulation (MAPS™) is a multi-protocol, multi-technology platform used for the emulation of a variety of communication protocols over IP, TDM, and Wireless networks. MAPS™ can be used to test signaling over legacy networks (such as CAS, SS7, ISDN, PPP and more), IP networks (such as SIP, MGCP, MEGACO, SIGTRAN, Diameter...) and also Wireless technologies including GSM, UMTS, and LTE networks.”
Mr.Vadalia further explained “MAPS™ X2 Application Protocol (X2-AP) Interface Emulator is used to co-ordinate handovers and perform load management between eNodeB (Evolved Node B) network elements - Source eNodeB and Target eNodeB. The MAPS™ X2-AP test tool is designed with specific test cases, as per LTE 3GPP mobile standards. It supports powerful utilities like Message Editor, Script Editor, and Profile Editor which allow new scenarios to be created or existing scenarios to be modified using messages and parameters.
The application can be integrated within GL’s End-to-End Communications Network Lab (EE-CNL) providing reliable solution to vendors and service providers for simulation, monitoring, and troubleshooting the network using ‘MAPS™ 4G Wireless Lab Suite’.”
He further added, “MAPS™ X2 Application Protocol can be configured as Source eNodeB or Target eNodeB terminals in the LTE network over X2 interface to handle UE and Non-UE associated procedures. The Non-UE procedures (X2AP Setup, Reset request, ENB Configuration Update, and Resource Status request) are automatically handled once the application is started. The UE procedures (Mobility Management – Handover, Error Indication) are handled in the Call Generation”.
- Simulate two eNodeB elements in LTE X2-AP interface
- Supports LTE Control plane
- Supported Mobile GTP Traffic type
- Generates hundreds of UE Signaling (Load Testing)
- Generates and process X2-AP (valid and invalid) messages
- Supports Mobility Management, Load Management, Reporting of General Error Situations, Re-setting X2, Setting up the X2, and eNB Configuration Update procedures
- Insertion of impairments to create invalid messages
- Supports customization of call flow and message templates using Script and Message Editor
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Supports scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Script based & protocol independent software architecture
- Provides Call Statistics and Events Status
Back to Press Releases Index Page