T1 E1 Single or DualMultiport Repeater
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - Nov 13, 2019 - GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, addressed the press regarding their Single or Dual Multiport Repeaters, in portable and high-density rack enclosures.
In addition to the USB based portable units, GL also offers mTOP™ rack enclosures with USB based units which can be stacked to provide a high-density form factor solution.
“Multiport Repeaters are used to generate multiple identical T1/E1 outputs for each T1/E1 input, thereby increasing the range of transmission of T1/E1 signals” , said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
A single/ dual multiport repeater can be used for the following purposes:
- To generate multiple identical T1/ E1 outputs for each T1/ E1 input
- To test and load multiple T1/ E1 interfaces simultaneously
- For broadcast applications and traffic generation and simulation
- To preserve the strength of the signal and extend the transmission distance
He further added, “The single bantam version provides ten identical outputs from a single T1/ E1 input. The single RJ45 version provides 12 identical outputs from a single T1/ E1 input. The dual version provides four outputs for each of the two inputs“.
GL offers the new mTOP™ based high-density rack hardware test platforms. These are 1U/2U rack enclosures within which USB based T1/E1 Multiport Repeaters can be stacked to provide a high-density form factor solution.
Important Features of Single/Dual Multiport Repeaters:
- The input and output connections are through standard bantam or RJ-45 jacks
- Inputs and outputs are compatible with CCITT G.703
- T1 and E1 signals are terminated at 100 Ohms or 120 Ohms respectively
- The repeater permits output drive for line lengths up to 655 feet
- The T1 Multiport Repeater and E1 Multiport Repeater are available as separate units