GL Announces LTE Conformance Test Suite
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - Nov 19, 2019 - GL Communications Inc., a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, addressed the press regarding their MAPS™ LTE Conformance Test Suite that tests the conformance of LTE S1 and LTE X2 interfaces in the LTE network (eNodeB, MME) as per 3GPP standards.
“GL's MAPS™ LTE Conformance Test Suite is designed with 50+ test cases, as per 3GPP TS 36.413 (LTE S1) and TS 36.423 (LTE X2) specifications. It includes inbuilt conformance scripts for eNodeB conformance, MME conformance in S1 interface, and multiple eNodeB’s in X2 interface as per 3GPP standards“, said Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of GL Communications.
He further added, “test cases include general Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN); S1 Application Protocol (S1AP) and X2 Application Protocol (X2AP) messaging and call flow scenarios over LTE network. Logging and pass/fail results are also reported. Test cases verify conformance of actions such as UE attach/detach, periodic updating, E-RAB setup, X2 setup, Handover procedure, UE context release, and error indication“.
Important Features :
- Setup a virtual real-time network simulating 4G-LTE network elements using ‘MAPS™ 4G Wireless Lab Suite’
- Simulates eNodeB and MME in LTE S1 interface and two eNodeB elements in LTE X2-AP interface
- Supports LTE Control plane
- Generates hundreds of UE Signaling (Load Testing)
- Generates and process S1/NAS, X2-AP (valid and invalid) messages
- Supports GTP Traffic (GTP User Plane Data) which includes verification like HTTP traffic generation capability, GGSN/PGW can be connected to real IP network to simulate Gateway testing
- Supports Mobility Management, Load Management, Reporting of General Error Situations, Re-setting X2, Setting up the X2, and eNodeB Configuration Update procedures
- Customize call flow and message templates using Script and Message Editor
- Ready-to-use scripts for quick testing
- Scripted call generation and automated call reception
- Script based&protocol independent software architecture
- Provides call statistics and events status
- Automation, Remote access, and Schedulers to run tests 24/7